Thursday, November 25, 2010

Getting back on track

Confession: I have completely have fallen off the wagon.

Ever since the tragedy in my life things have not been the same. I thought I could just pull through. I had a rough week after everything was said and done and figured I would just bounce back. Apparently not! I have been on a crazy emotional roller coaster of ups and downs, happy, sad, angry, etc. This has been way harder than I thought. Aside from fighting my own emotions and putting on the front that everything is ok, I had stopped working out and eating has gotten out of control. I think I spent an entire week playing on facebook, watching mindless television, and working (if necessary).

Finally, last week I dragged myself out of the apartment and ventured out to the gym. Squeezed in a short workout and actually felt a little better. Not enough to return for another week, but I did return this week...twice!! While I was at the gym I noticed something they are doing for the holiday season. Basically they had all the gym members wanting to participate come in on Nov. 23 donate $5 to the angel tree and weigh in a starting weight. Then, have everyone come back on Jan. 3rd and weigh in again. They are going to give out prizes to people who maintain or lose weight. Obviously, the prizes will be better for more percentage of weight loss. So I did it. I weighed in!!! ACK!!!! It was the first time I weighed myself since the pregnancy. I was so scared. Not because someone else was going to know my weight, but because I was afraid of the weight I had gained. It wasn't as bad as I thought, so that makes me feel a little better. So whats my goal? Between, now and Jan 3 how much should I lose? I'm thinking get myself under 200. Approximately 23 pounds.

So today is Thanksgiving. I should be carefully and plan out some healthy meal....My game plan....don't eat till I hurt and don't get seconds. Just one serving and a small dessert.
My game plan for the rest of the holidays.....Don't over eat.

This is what I have planned so far to make it through the holidays:
Step One: Make it to the gym 3 times a week.
Step Two: cut out fast food
Step Three: don't eat late at night
Step Four: Find the motivation and drive to want to eat and cook healthy.

Ok I will try to keep you posted. Let's see if I can make my goal!!

1 comment:

  1. did you get a chance to check out the onehundredpushups.com thing. I have totally fallen off that wagon, but I am chasing it down and going to start it again. It has a thing where you can see how your friends are doing and I think it would be fun if we both do it. Julie is doing it as well. Much love!

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.