Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A New Year is Approaching.

Confession: The attempt to not indulge during the holidays has failed miserably.

So I had set this goal to lose 23 pounds by January 3rd....that is looking like it's not going to happen. Getting through the holidays and either maintaining weight or losing weight is ten times harder than I thought. Not to mention my original goal to be 50 pounds lighter by my birthday which is in 3 weeks is not going to happen!! BUT!!!! I am not going to quite or give up. Instead I'll look at the new year as a second chance and attempt to do this all over again. So this week I'll will be in the gym and working on a new plan and setting new goals for the new year.

One thing I do know for sure is that I'm going to blog more often. It was the one thing that kept me on track. When I went to eat something I always had the thought of "I have my readers to report to". So dear readers I have a request to ask of you. If you do follow me and feel like I have not blogged in a while please keep me accountable. Leave a comment let me know you miss my blogs, that you want to know how I'm doing. Help keep me on track.

To my friends...I'm sorry so say but one thing I do know for sure is that I'm going to have to cut my hanging out with you down by half or more. I'm going to have to stop eating out after work, and going to parties, and anything that involves eating crappy food, staying up until the the wee hours of the night and all other things that will keep me from losing weight. However, I will hang out with you if it involves some sort of healthy activity, walking, running, playing ultimate frisbee, or other outdoor sports that are active and fun.

So I promise you by New Years Day I will have a goal and a plan put together. To those of you out there going through the same struggles I am going through I challenge you to take advantage of the new year and start a new goal. Let me know so we can keep each other accountable and make it to our goals together.

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you girl! Wish you lived closer, we could do some insanity together!

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.