Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week 8 Day 3

Confession: I managed to avoid eating late at night.


I got a second job....at a restaurant. I think I'm a gluten for punishment. Why do you ask? WHY? WHY? WHY? Why would I get another job that surrounds me with fatty food and temptation? I don't know. In fact I didn't think of it until I got the job and started training.

I wouldn't say I'm "disgruntled" with my current job, its more political, between changes being made to better the workplace (some good and some not so good) and the simple fact that there are really only two days a week to make money. I know my bosses are making changes to make things better, but it seems to not be better. Which has been causing much stress and thus emotional eating. I know a new job won't lessen the stress. However, the change and challenge of something new may keep from dwelling on the negative and keeping my focus on what is important.

So why another restaurant? Because the hunt for a real job is taking longer than I like and with business not where it needs to be, I need something until I can get a real job.

So my new second job was four days of training and tasting EVERY single item on the menu. I honestly thought I was going to explode. I tried so hard to eat as little as possible but that wasn't possible. So I focused on eating as clean as possible outside of work and tried to get as many work outs in as possible even if it as little as 25 minutes.

So this week I maintained, no gain no loss. I'm okay with it mainly because it's not a gain. This week my goal is to juggle my two jobs and find time to work out....and keep up the no late night eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.