Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 12 Day 3

Confession: Emotions are a blaze

I know it's been a while. I've been processing emotions and going through more of a mental battle than physical, which in turn has affected me physically. I haven't worked out in a week, I've been eating our more than normal, and I have not been watching my calorie intake. I actually lost about half a pound so I'm back down to 215, no explanation just confusing me more. Needless to say I feel like I'm all over the place and have lost control. What I'm realizing is that I have to face the truth, face the source of my emotional eating. Make changes in my life. Learn to say "NO"... No, to bad food, No, to being lazy, No, to the negative emotional triggers in my life. I'm going to have to break bad habits, some food related, some work out related, some emotionally related. Its going to be tough, very tough, I'm not going to lie, I've found some Eminem lyrics that fit what I am facing...

(Intro)

Yeah, It's been a ride...
I guess I had to go to that place to get to this one
Now some of you might still be in that place
If you're trying to get out, just follow me
I'll get you there

(Verse 1)

You can try and read my lyrics off of this paper before I lay 'em
But you won't take this thing out these words before I say 'em
Cause ain't no way I'm let you stop me from causing mayhem
When I say 'em or do something I do it, I don't give a damn
What you think, I'm doing this for me, ....
....
I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly
And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony
No if ands or buts don't try to ask....

(Hook)

I'm not afraid to take a stand
Everybody come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just let you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road.

I can't be afraid to say "NO" I can't be afraid to break bad habits, I need YOU to come take my hand, walk this road together.

As I was going through an old bible of mine, I found a verse that stood out to me.
Jeremiah 1:19
And they shall fight against thee;but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the Lord to deliver thee.

So as I'm standing here saying to my emotional battle and bad habits I'm not afraid, the Lord is telling me that he is with me.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else....but I know what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.