Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week 16 Day 2

Confession: I was actually somewhat successful at eating healthy yesterday.

I got up, had a decent breakfast, worked out, stayed on track with lunch, then went out to dinner with the family and still was able to order a rather healthy meal. I like to think I've been doing this all along but I have definitely derailed over the past 3 or 4 weeks.
However, I am getting back on track and that is what matters. I even managed to think through what I will need to pack for lunches while I'm at work, so my grocery store trip was more successful than usual. So goal is to stay on track make it to the gym 3-4 more times this week.

I've realized I've been in a rut for the past few weeks and I need to make changes. This is more difficult than getting started. I always start off really good, but get tired and lazy and lose focus. My trainer says its all in the mind and I just have to change my mind set....I'm changing 26 years of bad habits and laziness. There is a lot of work to be done. Not to mention my job greatly effects my efforts. Being surrounded by food all the time, and around young college kids who's metabolism is still in high gear and can get away with eating late at night, or eating crap food. One of the things I struggle with is post work. Everyone, especially on the weekends wants to go out to unwind from work. I usually am one of them because I get so amped from running around, dealing with so many people, working at a fast pace, etc...going out just seems natural. On top of that my husband works graveyard, so I work when he does, even though I get off late at night, he is either on his way to work or already at work. So I come home to an empty house, no husband to talk to, unwind with, or just be with. Its me and the dog, and the TV and the want to eat. Going out with friends has turned into a coping-mechanism to deal with not seeing my husband when I get off work. Which in turn has turned into late night eating of bad food.

This journey has forced me to face my emotional eating, and the sources from which it stems. It has been rough and there is still a lot to dig through. I feel many changes in my life will happen because of this journey.

ONWARD AND UPWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.