Sunday, January 9, 2011

Finding new tools for weight loss

Confession: I managed to not go out after work all week and not indulged in fatty foods.

I know that my official weigh in is tomorrow, but I figured I should start my weight loss journey now....instead of using all of last week as an excuse to eat crappy food and give excuse "ohhh my diet starts on monday" which I know everyone does at some point in life. I've come to the reality of I can't wait and I can't push off what I needed to do yesterday.

Ok so remember how I signed up with my gym for their Zero Gain Campaign? ( I'm sure you don't, it was an incentive to maintain or lose weight throughout the holiday season. In short I paid $5 weighed in on Nov. 23rd and was suppose to weigh in again on Jan 3rd and would win a prize for either maintaining or losing weight.) Needless to say I knew for a fact that I had gained and couldn't face walking into the gym and stepping on that scale. However, the embarrassment of not being able to maintain for this campaign was a big reality check. I need to get back on track and saw that when I was updating my blog I did lose weight...so therefore the comeback of my blog and my New Years challenge.

On Wednesday or Thursday I received an e-mail from one of the trainers at my gym saying that they missed me at the weigh in but offered a free training session. Which of course I was like that would be grand...I also expressed to her that I wanted create a workout I could do for a month something I can start out doing and after a week or so be able to change it up on my own and stayed challenged. After a month I could meet with her again and design a new work out. She was so excited to meet and help me create a work-out and a plan for success. So I'm meeting with her on Friday. I'm really excited....I'm actually putting together a plan for success.

In the mean time I found an app on my phone by Jillian Michael's...It's free which is good. Right now everything I'm doing to find tools for weight loss need to be free or very low cost. I've already invested a lot of money so I need to use the tools I already have and not waste more money. The app is pretty neat, it has daily tips, workouts (circuit and exercises that focus on certain body parts legs, arms, abs etc...) So for now I'm trying out her workouts and reading up on the abs diet and creating a menu for each week.

So dear readers, what has worked for you? Anyone found a really good app or website that has helped you track calories, give great recipes, create work outs that have helped you lose weight?

6 comments:

  1. It costs $$$ but the new Weight watchers is pretty awesome. i know we've both done it before but I really like the new format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i joined WW. $50 for 3 months right now. Or use livestrong.com to track your calories for free.

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Sparkpeople.com? Its totally free! I have heard good things about it so I signed up for it awhile ago but kind of forgot about it when I got pregnant. I just re-signed up last night. I think I'm going to try that for now. I think Im gonna check out that free app too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I should probably add that I found your blog through your sisters blog! Just so you know that I am not a creeper! lol. I'm pretty sure that I was in the same cabin with you at BLBC my very first year of camp.....Possibly...and I'm a Three Rivers Girl! I'm also in the same boat as you, I have LOTS of weight to loose, just can't seem to get myself in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Steph- What year did you go to camp? I've been there so many summers I can hardly remember who was in my cabin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna say it was my first year...I was like 9, So maybe 1994? lol Now that I put it into numbers I realize it was SOO long ago!

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.