Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 4 Day 1 Weigh In

Confession: I had more than one cheat meal this week.

I was hoping that I would be posting my blog more than once a week, however that is just a dream. Finding the time to blog on top of working out, work, and everything else is near impossible. I've found myself deciding between working out and blogging and so I choose working out. As much as I would like to keep everyone updated on a regular basis I have to keep my priorities straight and until my time management gets better once a week blog is all you get.

This week I lost a pound....which took me by surprise because half way through the week I weighed myself and it said I had gained 3 pounds. Needless to say I was busting a move to get back down. Which I guess was a good thing cause I had new motivation for the rest of week. All that went through my head was I have my weigh in on Monday and I have to lose at least three pounds and then some to do somewhat decent. So I'm happy with the 1 pound weight loss but it could have been more.

Here's the deal it has been a rough week for me. I am going through a "mid-life crisis" basically I'm facing the reality that I'm working a high school job at 27 when I should have a career by now. I mean I don't have to have a career by now and I know some people take a while to find a job that works for them. However, I'm getting tired of working with 20 somethings whose idea of a good time is drinking and eating late at night. I want to work a job that isn't evenings and have a slightly more structured day. On top of that I'm clashing with people at work and things I do are being taken out of context. So I've been in a rut and fighting the urge to emotionally eat which has added more stress. Then the mid life crisis kicks in and I find myself in a depressed mood and not wanting to work out and rather escape my reality through TV or the internet.

The one thing I have learned since I've started this blog, losing weight is more than just working out and eating right.....Its changing my life. I'm changing more than just food, who I hang out with, what events I attend and how I celebrate life. I am hoping in the long run I not only lose weight but make the lifestyle changes in my life that keep me healthy and doing something I love.

3 comments:

  1. Faith-
    This was a good post. The reality of it all is that it MUST be a lifestyle change. My change moment happened when I talking with my mom on a walk this past Fall... I love when you finally get something when you say it out loud! I said "Why is it everything in life worth having, so much hard work? Marriage, friendship, my health..." It finally hit me that I will have to work hard to have what I want in life.
    Sometimes I get discouraged at the gym when I see amazing looking "gym rats" there all the time and wonder... how long have they worked out to look like that? But all in all- I've been working out at Sky now 6 weeks and the changes are there. Not as dramatic as I would like, but I'm getting there!

    My weigh in this week: 138.6 a loss of 1.4%

    (my start weigh was 140.2- last week was a .2% loss to 140 lbs... does that make sense!?)

    Great job on your 1 lb weight loss! One thing I do to stay motivated to get in the gym is to watch the biggest loser online and to get inspired by their weight loss/ exercises in the gym!

    happy snow day,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a loss of 1.2 taking me to 136.6 this week. (.86%) It the first week of weigh ins that I haven't been sick so of course I took the chance to catch up on eating all the bad stuff that I hadn't felt like earlier. Bad move but I realized mid week and was able to pull off a 1.2 loss.
    Faith you and I both get frustrated with working with children (legally adults but just interested in drinking and being away from parents for the first time) but we both will one day find the position we were meant to do. Just keep your focus where it needs to be now and you will make it work. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Faith, I understand how the frustrations in life can impact you! I have been reading Joyce Meyer's book Power Thoughts and it has been great because I have learned so much to stop relying on myself and trust God more! I let my work life overload me too much and I am working fervently to re-prioritize things! That is one of the reasons I accepted this challenge! So for this week, just a pound down, that's 1% (253.5). This week is going to be tough with the cabin fever! But we can all do it!

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.