Monday, January 10, 2011

The Start of a New Year

Confession: I weighed myself last week and I was at 227lbs.

Before I get started with the challenge I wanted to share the dinner I made last night. I used the "Abs Diet Cookbook" and found a recipe for burgers!! It was super easy and my husband LOVED IT!!! Which is a plus because he likes a big juicy burger. So the fact that I could make a burger that was low in calories and not feel guilty about eating really made my night!!! Who has a great recipe that like that has helped them with their weight loss?

Ok everyone it's time to see if you are serious about losing weight? I know I am!!!! As promised I have weighed myself and have my starting weight!! drum roll pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaazzzzzeeeee........................221lbs!!!! As you can see I've already lost 6lbs but don't worry for the challenge I'll keep my weight at 221lbs just to be fair. If I can keep this momentum up I might just lose 50lbs which would be amazing....but I'm going to be realistic and hope for 30-40lbs. So I went ahead and took some before photos so you can see where I am starting. To those who decide to take on my challenge you do not have to post your before photos now, but you do have to have a before and after pic at the end of the challenge.

A front View



Side View




Ok so after taking these pics I've realized that I don't look at my profile as much as I should. The weight really shows and you can see my over hang and muffin top.....I can't believe I'm making this public. However, all the more reason to start working out and be able to post better pics to prove that I can do this.

So who is in? You have until tomorrow 2pm to post your weight and join the challenge. Think of it as an accountability to keep on target. Like next week, how amazing it will be to say you lost 5lbs, or when you are surrounded by bad food you can say "NO!! I have to post my weight in two days and I do NOT want to gain" Don't worry I will not ridicule or make fun and anyone that does on my blog will be blocked or kicked off. It's the monday you keep saying that will start your weight loss journey.

Who is in?

7 comments:

  1. I'm in at a starting weight of 140 and a goal weight of 120. I would LOVE LOVE to hit this by my birthday in March!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really encouraged by your dedication and I am going to attempt to lose weight too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I am totally in! I love food as well but would also LOVE to lose some weight. I weighed in yesterday 1/11/11 at 185.6 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok- I'm weighing in at 140 lbs and my goal is 129!!!! Now I need to take some photos (I'm also going to measure myself too)

    -Lisa Ensor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I am in - last know weight was 257. Let's do this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in too. 136 pounds. The goal is 125. Yikes, it adds a lot to have accountability.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW: I'm posting this after the deadline to enter, but I know the weight I was last week, so I'm starting with that. I'll weigh in tomorrow to see what the change is.

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.