Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 11 Day 1

Confession: My addiction to Dr. Pepper is slow creeping its way back.

Ok, my responsibilities have changed, I have gone from managing to bar tending/serving. This is a series of blogs in and of itself that I will not get into for the moment. That being said, how my night goes at work has changed, I've gone from being able to walk around check on guest and servers and help maintain a steady pace of the restaurant to running around and being a crazy server. Managers are busy and they multitask quit a bit, but the multitasking is more mental and its a lot more of maintaining nerves and emotions and keeping everyone in check and consistently keeping the guest happy. I am able to to snack on my snack drink what I need to drink and be productive and not let the evils of grazing, and Dr. Pepper get the best of me. Now that I'm serving, I going a 100 miles a minutes and the multi tasking is more on a physical level. Running from table to table, making cheeses, dropping entree's and chocolate, pre-busing etc. I get drained so quickly and have even less time to eat something to re-energize. Dr. Pepper is a great quick fix, a small caffeine boost, something to keep me going until I can stop, BUT when I stop, I just want to drink a BIG OLE CUP of Dr. Pepper. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully kick my addiction to DP.

Today, is the day!!! We are going gym shopping!!! Hopefully this will be a good step forward, not a step backwards and loss of money!!!

ONWARD AND UPWARD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.