Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 8 Day 2

Confession: I had Mario's Pizza for dinner sunday night.

It was a combination of no food in the house, too tired to cook, and no time. It was more "I don't want to cook" than anything else. It was the end of my work week and I had no energy or motivation to cook. It's nights like these I wish there was some sort of healthy restaurant that made healthy food and delivered to your door step. Some wonderful place that lists their menu online with the nutritional information right next to each item. Even gave a little bio like this meal is a good source of protein, this will give you lots of energy etc. Maybe I'll open this kind of place. I mean if McDonalds can make a billion dollars off of convience why can't I make a buck or two off of convience and nutrition. Ok so now all I need is a small loan, and David Zinczenko to make a menu. Anyone want to donate?

You know that phrase "people see what they want to see." It is probably one of the most true statements in the world we live in today. Think about it, the way we look at other people, ourselves, how we work, how we act, how we handle life. We see it the way we want to see it. I've realized that is very true in my life in how I look in the mirror. I saw what I wanted to see, ignored the growing fat rolls and I would never look at myself from a profile view. Also I avoided full length mirrors. I focused from the neck up. Now I'm finding myself really looking in the mirror and the truth hurts. My legs gained weight. My upper arms flab in the wind. My stomach sticks out more than I think. My love handles have stretch marks on them. My butt, holy cow is that thing huge!! And the cellulite oh man there more than I thought. According to my husband I have back flab and cottage cheese butt. OUCH!!! Now some of you think I'm being hard on myself, but I'm not. I'm facing the truth. My body is out of shape. Things are sagging and there is more fat definition than muscle. I have a lot of work ahead of me. Facing the truth is hard but its the biggest motivator to help me eat right and work out. I need to embrace mirrors and not shy away from them. Face the truth and change my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.