Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Week 9 Day 2

Confession: My ice cream craving is out of control.

I don't know how much longer I can last before I give in. However, since I have my handy dandy new app that tracks my calories maybe I'll be able to squeeze it in guilt free!!!

So I gained a pound this week!! My success of last week got trampled by my grazing!!! You win some you lose some. I'm going to keep my head up though. I have a new tool to help me, and I'm feeling more determined than ever to shed this weight. I also concluded that I would not last long on the biggest loser. I'm losing small numbers every week and its either lose a little then gain then lose, then lose, then gain. Yeah, I would definitely be below the yellow line almost every week. However, they don't have the distractions of everyday life around them and all they do is work out for 8 hours a day. I on the other hand am trying to tackle this with the distractions of life, and not being able to work out on a daily basis. So I think I may have the upper hand compare to the biggest loser contestants, maybe just maybe as I lose this weight it'll stay off. So I don't look like the contestants a year later having gained back half the weight they lost in the 5 months they were on the ranch. Not to mention biggest loser has turned into "lets get the fattest people in america" and have them be our contestants. So I doubt I'll ever get on the show unless I gain at least another 80 pounds. Which is NOT going to happen.

So I have been watching one of my favorite shows Dexter. If you haven't seen it, do!!! It's got some great writing and a great thinker/thriller for a TV show. Well you'll have to be ok with some blood and violence, typical Showtime stuff. Anyways, Dexter has a sister Deb who process her stress through working out. When she is dealing with something traumatic she turns to running or working out. Which makes her rather skinny. I'm sure the actress is on some sort of strict diet and works out like everyone else. What gets to me is that when Deb is dealing with issues, problems, stress, life, etc...she turns to the treadmill. I kinda wish I was like that, when something goes to crap in my life I just jump on the treadmill. Start running, forget about life and run, run away from everything. I'm sure its not exactly best way to curb stress, but its a lot better than eating my way through a pint of Ben and Jerry to relieve stress. I am thinking about buying a treadmill, maybe that would be cheaper than a years worth of gym membership. Honestly, my husbands goal is that when we get a house, build a gym in the garage or somewhere. I'm starting to get on that bandwagon, it would be nice to be able to wake up and walk to the other side of the house to work out, or have it available to me when I'm stressed.

Ok stop dreaming, focus on the now, work-out, eat right, and keep moving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.