Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week 1 Day 1

So today (yesterday) was not too bad. Got up, had a decent breakfast and then the fun began. You see I've been having some sort of allergic reaction to something (I'm pretty sure its the Dog but my husband loves the dog too much for me to blame it on the dog.). So this morning i notice a small amount of hives on my belly and I had been sneezing like crazy, so I took a benadryl. My husbanded headed to the gym, and when he was done he would let me know and then I would meet up with him and then he would put me thru a work out.

So I sat done to watch a little TV and fold some laundry. You know get the house a little picked up before I headed out. Well, next thing I know I'm passed out on the couch and had no idea I fell asleep. So i freak out cause I didn't do anything and my husband was going to call me soon. I began to rush around the house and try to get everything together for my work out. I realize I can't find my phone anywhere. I look around find it right in front of me and then set it down again making a mental note where it is. Now I can't find my sports bra, look every and then I find in the first place i look. I finish getting stuff together and look for my phone wondering if my husband called. I can't find it again, so i grab the house phone and call it....can't hear it all. I begin to freak I know i just had it. I know I put somewhere I wouldn't forget. I start to running around the house, then the dog gets up and there it is the dog was laying on it. The entire time I'm running around the house I'm wondering why am I so out of it and tired.....DUH!!! I took a benadryl....man that thing got the best of me.

So I finally, sit down and think maybe I should sleep this off. Nope thats when my husband calls ready to work out. So I drag myself to the gym and proceeded to have my butt kicked. But when I'm done, I actually feel good. I'm drained and tired, but I feel like I could conquer the world.

Now according to Men's health the best thing to have after a workout is chocolate milk. It's the perfect balance of protein and sugar. A good recovery drink. Unfortunately we were out it, so I settled for PB and J and milk. Which is a rather healthy considering my kitchen is slowing turning into "organic, whole grain, natural" kitchen. I used the rudy's multi-oat bread which actually tastes good for whole grain bread, and according the "Eat this Not that" supermarket guide its the best choice for bread. Then I used natural peanut butter and natural jam, I've become a label reader and looking for the things with the fewer ingredients just the real stuff. To wash it down I had a tall glass of Horizon Organic milk!!! I love that stuff, if you haven't tried it you should. Its a good start to making over your fridge.

So far so good! Then it was date night with the hubbs. Thats when it went down hill!!! We ate out and just kinda pigged out. Probably shouldn't have but it was good food and I was hungry. We did manage to skip dessert. After dinner we headed to the movies. We had time to kill and discussed getting custard, but we decided we had already ate too much and don't need the extra calories. So we prevailed and resisted the custard.

So I did not call the doctor, but have till the end of the week to get that scheduled.

I did find my first "healthy" book to read. Abs Diet for Women. My husband bout it a while a go but I never fully read it. So I figured I start with that instead of spending more money a book when I have one at home I haven't read.

Oh and I found a really good training program for training for a 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.