Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Week 3 Day 2

Confession: I had pizza today.

I couldn't resist. It was brought all the way from Red's Pizza in Harvard, Illinois. Not to mention it is from family too. Ok, Ok, for those scratching their heads. I have a distant cousin....I don't know how related...I think he's my mom cousin, who started his own Tavern plus pizza diner. It is probably one of the best thin crust pizza's I have ever had. Its a family tradition that whenever we go to Illinois we get Red's pizza, and if a family member goes and the rest can't make it, they bring home some pizzas. It is tradition, you can't break tradition! Ok any trainer, nutritionist, diet expert, would tell you, YES! you can break tradition. Especially if its packed with greasy, fatty, cheese, goodness. However, I feel if you can keep your tradition to once a year or once every two or three years you'll be fine. Which is what this is. I haven't had Red's pizza in a looooooong time. As to eating pizza once a year that maybe another story, but you gotta start somewhere.

So aside from my butt kicking work out today, I got something to help me kick start my weight loss, a detox!!! I'm really excited about this. I've always wanted to do a detox. From my understanding this will be a good one, and for about a week no one will want to be near my home especially my toilet! I'm going to poop like nobody's business. I'm sure you are like "EWE" "GROSS" Stop writing about this disgusting topic. Hey kids, its a fact of life, you collect quite a bit of waste in your body and don't get rid of it as easily as you think, and I'm going to clean myself out!!!!

Ok there are a few reason why I'm doing this.

A. Kick start weight-loss. The guy at the store said that the average woman can hold anywhere from 9lbs to 27lbs of waste in their body. Needless to say that could really help.

B. Health: For the past year I've been having unexplained stomach pains. So bad they thought I had appendicitis four different times. But couldn't find anything wrong. The pain is off and on and I have no answers. Maybe this will make the pain go away or help pin point what is going on once I get this waste out of me.

C. Pooping like crazy for 30 days....who doesn't want to do that?

Here's the down side to this....I need to start the detox with a 3-day juice diet.....ohhhh that's going to hurt. I am not looking forward to that.

Oh and I'll be doing this with a little bit of a diet regime. I'll be eating lots and lots of greens to keep the toxins moving and drinking lots of water and lemon water.

I'm going to start it soon, I gotta coordinate my work schedule with my detox so I can start off on the right foot. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a juice recipe book if you want to borrow it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it was thin crust pizza its not as bad - lot of calories in pizza come from the really thick crusts.

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.