Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week 1 Day 3

Today was a sad day.....

I stepped on the scale today. Talk about reality hitting me upside the head. The evil scaled weighed me in at 237.4lbs!!!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

I have never been this big. I definitely need to get my act together if I want to even come close to my high school weight, or just a weight that makes me smile when I step on the scale.

Even though I worked my butt off in the gym it just doesn't feel like its working. I need to find some motivation and encouragement.

What makes things even worse I have to work tonight and face the evil cone cups of doom. Cause having this terrible realization means I need to quit soda IMMEDIATELY. Damn you Dr. Pepper and your delicious 23 flavors.

Must resist grazing.

I also need good suggestion of snacks to take with me on the go or at work that taste good, easy to carry/ out together.

Ok Abs diet for women I'm ready to start taking you serious.

2 comments:

  1. ***easy to carry/ put together. Sorry my grammar/spelling/ typing is not the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, do you LIKE vegs/fruits? If so, here's a few that I like. The key is portion size (for EVERYTHING . . . blech)

    10 - 15 baby carrots in one baggie
    2 tb of LIGHT ranch in another

    Celery Sticks filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins (Kids call it "Ants on a Log")

    An apple (but use a wedger to section it before work, then put it back together, secured with a rubber band so it won't turn brown)

    If they're in season? "Cuites" tangerines. Super sweet. 2 of them is one cup, low in calories and a great source of energy and vitamin C.

    Grapes, cut into 10-15 piece servings. Only take one with you and you won't overeat.

    Six little Ritz sandwiches which just a schmear of peanut butter, a slice of banana, a dab of low-sugar grape jelly. If you can GET skim milk at work, these REALLY fill you up and give you energy.

    15 Wheat thins and a string cheese.

    Kashi makes some awesome snack bars (again, good to balance with milk for the protein).

    Oh! And if you like popcorn? Pop some at home, salt it and then bag up several servings (1-2 cups each) in brown lunch sacks (absorbs any excess oil) and grab one before work.

    Those are the top choices. Try to balance good carbs with protein and you'll stay fuller. Are they SAY aim for no more than 200-300 calories per snack serving.

    Good luck soon-to-be-skinny friend! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.