Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week 1 Day 5-7

Where to begin???

Ok lets start with Thursday, talk about busy day. I spent most of the day running around and had very little time to get anything or everything done.

I did go out get some good healthy snack food to take with me to work. And I did really good. I managed to not drink any soda, stuck to water and ate my snacks. Didn't do a bit of grazing. Until I got off work. You see the problem is that my snacks just didn't keep my full and by the end of the night I was still hungry. So what did I do when I got home? I made a frozen dinner. It was one of those Bertollie dinners, lots of pasta and creamy sauce. Absolutely terrible, and I might have topped things off with some garlic bread. Definitely a weak point in my journey.

Moving on to Friday, another day filled with errands combined with going into work early equals no time for a work out. This time I was working an event at the zoo. You see the event is basically a fundraiser, and they get restaurants from around the city to come out and bring a sample of their food. So its basically a buffet of really good food. I might have circled the area and got a few samplings. The only good things I did was not eat any of the desserts that were being offered. However, since it was so freaking hot out I didn't have much of an appetite even though i got a bunch a food I ended up not eating as much as I liked cause I was so hot. Which I guess was a good things, but not a step in the right direction.

Now its saturday, and I was determined to do some sort of a workout. Thankfully, the night before I talked my friend rachel into going walking with me. We use to walk about 2 times a week but that kinda fizzed out, but we're trying to bring it back. So we met up and walked in the HOT HOT sun. We managed to survive and got a good three miles in, although the heat just about killed me. Work was a success as well, i brought snacks, only drank water and managed to not graze at all. I did however go out with my friends after work and had a slice of pizza. That was because my snacks just didn't cut it and I was super hungry.

So here is my problem, I work during "dinner time" so eating before work will only last so long. I'm still hungry when I get off work, even with me bringing food to work it still doesn't help. So do I change my snacks? This is what I took, strawberries, blueberries, nut mixture of almonds, cashews, and pistachios, and some laughing cow cheese. Do I need to pack more of a meal when I pack my snacks? I'm not much into snack/protein bars but I'll give it a try if it'll keep me full longer.

It is definitely much more difficult to stick to any sort of diet, healthy eating, workout routine, while I'm working, The hardest part is that I'm working nights, so I get off late and sleep in late. Attempting to get up early after working so late is extraordinarily difficult. Which leave me little time to get up, get whatever I need to get done before I have to go back to work. Working the restaurant life is not an easy one.

We shall see how tonight goes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faith! I like your blog. Do you like cheese sticks? You need more protein snacks. Eveno fruit is high in carbs/sugar and doesn't stick with you. Nuts are good or veggies with a healthy peanut butter. And more veggies they are also higher in fiber for more fullness.

    My FAV keep you full (er) snacks are Kashi granola bars. Lots of protein and fiber plus yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.