Thursday, June 24, 2010

Week 2 Day 3-4

I LOST FIVE POUNDS!!!!

Ok heres the deal. Last week I weighed myself on the scale at the gym. Which isn't a reliable scale. It said 237lbs. Ok so I go shopping for a new scale and all the scales said something different but the most common weight was 233lbs. So I figured 4lbs was a fair weight loss assumption. Well we finally buy one I bring it home program it and it said my weight is 228lbs. Greg said to wait until the morning weigh myself then and consistently weigh myself at the same time everyday and hopefully I have an accurate idea of what I weigh. Well yesterday morning I weighed myself and the scale said 225lbs. So I'm thinking the scale at the gym is a bit on the heavy side, and I'll go with a 5 pound loss and continue on with the scale I bought. Hopefully, it'll stay consistent and I'll be able to track my weight loss properly.

I feel like I should be jumping for joy and celebrating but I just don't feel it. Here's the deal, I've been doing really good. Eating better, finding great recipes, working out more, quitting Dr. Pepper, reading labels and starting to read more. I had a really good day yesterday. Go up healthy breakfast, went on a great walk/run, made a great dinner, and found myself late last night roaming thru the kitchen wondering what to eat. I break down make myself a cheesy quesadilla with salsa and jalapenos. I felt awful after eating it. Like I just ruined my entire day. Oh and I had custard yesterday as well.

Heres the deal, food is a comfort for me. I eat when i'm upset, stressed, and I use it as a reward as well. If I do well at something I celebrate with food. So I did great yesterday, and felt like I deserved custard and that the quesadilla would be fine since I did so well. But in reality I just kept rewarding myself and basically moved backwards in my progress.

I feel like I've hit a wall.

I was suppose to work out today, but my husband doesn't have the time today, so i can't get the the gym. Then I got called into work early. So now I'm cutting my blog short, not getting a work out in and have to face work and all the temptations it brings.

Tomorrow needs to be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.