Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week 1 Day 4

THANK YOU!!!!


I got some really great encouragement and tips and it really made me feel better. Knowing people out there are fighting the same fight and willing to encourage others.

Also I was somewhat successful at work. I manage to stay away from the soda machine and didn't graze one bit. However, I didn't go to work prepared with good healthy snacks and was UBER hungry by the time I got home. I might have made myself some late night nacho's. But its baby steps...I use to go to work drink soda like crazy, graze, and then go home and make a late night snack. So I was 2/3 successful. Right?

So yesterday when I was in the gym my right leg started to hurt beyond all reason...which come to find out I have shin splints. I think its just in my right leg. My left leg doesn't seem to be having the same pain. Which also means I need to lay off the running and strenuous activities for lower legs until the pain is gone

Here's the hard part, my husband is in the middle of his work week, and he works graveyard. Which essentially means, he leaves for work at night, comes home in the morning, sleeps a few hours, works his side job, gets a quick workout in goes back to bed then back to work. So I pretty much don't see him, and the gym we work out in is at his work so I can't get in unless he's there. Well during his work week I'm in the middle of mine going to into work around 4pm and getting home till 11pm or later. So he's too tired to work me out, and doesn't have the time to fit time in for me to get to the gym. So I'm on my own.

I have very few options, running/walking or yoga....I have a yoga dvd I've used once. I'm making it a goal to use it more often. Its simple right, just get off my butt and go walk or just do some yoga, the yoga is probably what will help me the best especially when I'm trying to recover from shin splints.. Well finding the motivations and time is what gets me. When I'm working I just don't want to do anything, and I don't have my husband to be accountable to. I need to find someone who will get after me on my work days to get off my butt and do something. I've considered joining a gym, but I've failed miserably the last two time when I joined. I think I only went a few times and let them just suck their monthly fee's out of me. I don't want to join and pay money until I know for sure I'll make the best of it. I want to lose weight not money.

So here is my game plan to get me thru my work week (My work week is usually wednesday thru sunday- Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of M-F 9-5 job.)

Today-Rest and go shopping, I looked thru my fridge and realized I need to buy some better food, good snack stuff to take with me to work. Help combat hungry and keep me from bingeing when I get home from work.

Friday-Get up-do yoga-and go to work

Saturday-Get up-walk maybe run-and go to work

Sunday-Get up, relax and probably clean the house

Monday-Really kick start my weight lost journey. I'm going to post my starting weight. My before pics (they may be a little scary) take measurements of my whole body, and start some sort of food journal in my blog. I figure if I'm letting the world know what I'm eating I'll want to make better choices.

Good plan right?

1 comment:

  1. I work on a Yoga video website: yogaspot.com
    Might be helpful for some routine variety, and we're always expanding our library. A lot of our users recommend learning hard/new stuff with an instructor in person first, though, so maybe think about doing 1 live class?

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.