Monday, June 21, 2010

Week 2 Day 1 The Ugly Truth

So week one was a success in my book. I managed to work out 4 days, take good healthy snacks to work, and I'm Dr. Pepper free for one week. Plus my water intake has definitely gone up. Not to mentioned my grazing has gone down a lot as well. I did graze a little last night, but not nearly as much as I have in the past, plus I found myself stopping and saying NO! Think of the calories that would just be adding up. Also I did make an appointment with the doctor to get the facts about where my body is at and what I should focus on. It's not until July 9th, so hopefully I'll have made some progress by then so it'll be a positive trip.....hopefully.

My one down fall, reading! I was going to read the Abs Diet for Women but have not touched it. I did however pick up "Eat This Not That Supermarket Survival Guide." OK first of all if you have never heard of the "Eat This Not That" books go out and buy one right away. Its this amazing book that breaks down restaurants, supermarkets, and everything telling you what is good to eat and not to eat, and helpful tips on how to order or what to look for. I love it. Some of the comparison are a bit startling and scary realizing exactly how many calories you are consuming. Anyways, I usually just skim thru the books and find things that I like. Now I'm actually reading the book and taking the information seriously. For Example did you know that " We consume 450 calories a day from beverages, nearly twice as many 30 years ago, This increase amounts to an extra 23 pounds a year." Or that "the average piece of chicken has 266% more fat than it did in 1971, while its protein content has dropped by a third" Which means today's chicken is higher in fat that protein. Lastly, "the average salty snack portion has increased by 93 calories and soft drink portions have increased by 49 calories which means if you indulge in one bag of chips and one soda everyday you will add 14 pounds of fat to you in one year. Thats crazy!!!!!! So I'm going to finish reading this book, and then hopefully move on to Abs Diet for Women and get some sort of food/diet plan going. I figure a good start is just making better food choices.

Ok now for the hard part. To track my progress I have measured my entire body and even took a picture that is a harsh reality of what I'm dealing with. So here is The Ugly Truth

Neck: 15.75"
Upper Arm: 14.5"
Chest: 42.5"
Breast line: 43.5"
Waist: 41.5"
Hips and Butt: 49.5"
Upper Thigh: 29.75
Calf: 18"




There you have it kids.

I didn't make it to the gym today to weigh myself so I'll have my starting weight tomorrow. Hopefully it will have improved from my 237 I had last week.

2 comments:

  1. you are sooooo not 237. I would think you were under 200. I was 240 at my heaviest and you look nowhere near what I looked like at that time. Are you very muscular? I am - its the only way i can wrap my head around how heavy i got. When you look in magazines and see women with same body as you adn they are 40 pounds lighter its very frustrating.

    Sarah B.

    oh and i LOVE the Eat this Not That books. I have 3 or 4 of them. Subscribe to their email newsletter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Faith!!!!! I know you can do this! You are the most strong willed person I have ever met!

    I must admit, I'm a horrible friend, and tonight was the first time that I have read your blog, but I read it from the beginning and it is amazing. Can't wait to see all your success!!! Much love!!!

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.