Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Week 5 Day 2

Confession: I have been craving ice cream all day today!!!



Today, I thought would be a light workout it ended up being a crazy workout. My husband put me on the treadmill and told me to attempt to run a "5k" 3.1 miles, while I recorded my time at every half mile and mile for future workouts.....lets just say I have a lot of training to do. I started out pretty good, ran for about half a mile walked, ran another half mile, walked almost ran another half mile, walked a lot more tried to run, tried to sprint and push myself barely finished the 3.1 miles in 47minutes. SEESH!!! I didn't think it would take me THAT long!! Yeah I have some work to do. So now I need to find a reasonable goal to work towards...like finish in under 30 minutes or run the whole thing without walking, something like that.

After the intense run, my husband had me do some boxing on the bag. I was so tired and weak I could barely punch it. I felt worthless, and and exhausted like I wasn't doing any good cause I didn't have any energy in me. I'm still exhausted, as I type. However, like a good husband he has been constantly reminding me of my goal and to not give up or give in to temptation.

For example, we went to chick fil-a today (its not a "diet" friendly choice but in comparison to other fast foods its actually not that bad) I really wanted to eat the chick fil-a sauce and ketchup with my meal. My loving husband informed me that both are filled with high fructose corn syrup, chemicals and useless calories and I need to stay away from. I avoided the sauce and pouted the whole time I ate my meal. He's right, it's bad for me and I'll regret it later. I just love sauce....on anything!!! I'm really thankful I have him, he's been great at pushing me, keeping me accountable, and encouraging me. I definitely lucked out with him.

So tomorrow is the big day, and by "big day" I mean my weekly weigh in. See if the juice diet and detox are making a difference. Also I think I'm going to do some measurements to see if there are any changes in that sense as well.

Since tomorrow is "weigh in day" (I think I going to start calling it "Weigh In Wednesday") I'm going to avoid the ice cream as much as it pains me, I'll be thankful later I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.