Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week 6 Day 3

Confession: I had one too many weak moments in the past week.

Hello blog world!!!! Did you miss me?? I missed you.

Oh where to being. Let me start with the fact that I faced a lot of stress since wednesday. First of all, we took our car in to get a funny noise fixed, and was given a list of things that needed to be done and a very LARGE estimate. Needless to say stress started to grow discussing what was important, how much could we afford to get fixed now versus later etc.

Then thursday night at work stress was taken to a whole new level. Our computers had a malfunction and I spent the majority of the evening on the phone with my owner and technical support trying to fix what went wrong. Since I had no car I had to rely on friends to give me rides and squeeze in errands when I can. So late at night I'm at wal mart trying to get food for the weekend and stuff for my sisters shower. I was so burnt out I broke down and ate fast food. To which I immediately regretted, after not eating fast food for so long once I consumed it I felt horrible. I still felt horrible the next day when I got up.

I finally get my car back on Friday...WHAT A RELIEF!! And I just crashed that night once I got off work. I tried to be productive but found myself staring at the TV and not accomplishing much of anything.

Saturday was my sister's baby shower which went over great!! Of course it was a shower and full of sugary treats. I woke up late and skipped breakfast before heading to the shower. So what do I end up doing? Eating the food at the shower, delicious cookies and chocolate pudding dirt cake. So what happened when you've been off sugar for so long? Your blood sugar spikes and then I CRASHED!!! I got home and all I wanted to do was sleep. I ended up just sleeping for hours until I had to go to work. And recovering and getting myself awake to go to work was a challenge. Work ended up being stressful and full of miscommunication. Needless to say after work I went out with co-workers and broke my healthy eating once again.

Sunday comes around and I'm finally ready to get back on the wagon. Work was good, my husband was done with his work week, and I'm able to stick to healthy eating.

Monday we are back on track I make it to the gym, we eat good life's better.

Tuesday even better. I got on the tredmill and ran/walk a 5k again. Guess what???? I shaved two minutes off my time. I'm feeling good.

Today, it's Weigh In Wednesday!!! I gained 2lbs. Sadness!! But I did break my healthy eating twice. So if it's only 2lbs I can live with that. Just means I have to work harder this week. Work out more than 3 times this week and absolutely no bad eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.