Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 6 Day 6

Confession: I have been craving take out chinese all day yesterday.


So I'm weighing myself on a daily basis and right now the scale says I've gained 3 more POUNDS!!!! UGH!!! I feel like I'm taking steps backwards. I'm hoping its just water weight and I'll be back to normal by tomorrow or Monday. I feel like I'm doing better with my work outs, but the eating is slacking. I can't seem to stay balanced between the two.

Yesterday, well Thursday night, I could not sleep to save my life. I would sleep for an hour and half wake up, be up for an hour or so does off and wake up again. This went on all night. Then my husband gets home from work around 7:30am. Makes so much noise!! and turns on about every light in the house. Needless to say I was awake again and not happy. He was in a really good mood and wanted to talk about his night at work. Then we got to talking about other things and then he's like "since you're up" come work out. Of course I don't want to work out, I've got barely any sleep in me and had a full day of work ahead of me. He basically gives me this speech on pushing thru and keep my goals in mind. So I drag myself out of bed and head to the gym. Getting started was rough, I wanted to puke!!! However, once I got into the groove of my work out and had Pandora radio going I was feeling better and able to push through my work out.

Side Note: Lady Gaga Radio on Pandora is the best. Mainly because its fast beat music that makes you want to dance and move around. Not to mention want to get thin so you can be one of those skinny girls making millions of dollars.

I have this circuit of weights I move thru in my work out. The first part is the bench. I started with just the bar 45lbs and have moved up to 85lbs. Pretty good right? Well all last week I was complaining cause I felt like I had hit my peek around 75-80lbs and wanted to stay there until I felt comfortable to move on. My husband on the other hand argued saying that "I'm stronger than I think and its all a matter of technique." Lets just say he proved he was right friday morning. I went to do the bench and he noticed I had lost some of my technique and we need to review some things. So he explained how to breathe where to place my feet/ hands, how I should lay on the bench etc. Then he went over the faster you go down, the faster you come up AND the slower you go down the slower you come up. Which is true cause I didn't believe I could do heavier weights but, it was because I was benching slow and being careful. However, when I benched faster I blew thru my 8 reps of 85lbs and probably could have done more. To which my husband had the biggest smile on his face and was like you did amazing. This is your best work out so far. Needless to say he was right and I was wrong, and apparently I'm a pretty strong gal. Looks like my weights will be going up next week. I'm excited but nervous at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. So I know I can't really be you're workout buddy, but I'm going to try and be your long distance work out buddy and I'm posting it on here so that you and everyone will know. So tomorrow morning its you and me babe!!!

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.