Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week 3 Day 4

Confession: My emotional eating was in high gear last night.

Ok so needless to say I walked into a crazy night at work. Totally wasn't expecting it since it was a wednesday night. Never the less it was crazy, and I had about a million things going on at once. When one fire was under control another one would pop up somewhere else. (I work at a restaurant and we call "problems" "fires" whether is customer, staff, or mechanical related...for those who were wondering) So my stress level as a high level for most of the night. Plus it just felt like my job was on the line. I don't think my job was on the line, but I felt like mistakes were being made left and right and I couldn't control it. All I wanted to do was find a pint of Ben and Jerry's and sit down and just pig out. I wanted comfort food so bad. I didn't indulge in what was around me and I managed to find time to sit down and eat what I had brought. Although I was eating good food I could feel myself stress eating. I could feel my emotions calming as I ate my food. When I was done I was wishing I had more. What did I do when I finally got off work? I went out for a drink with friends....a big ole glass of empty calories. I needed to do something to unwind. A small victory in the sense I did not stress eat on junk food, but the stress and emotional eating is still there.

That being said what do I do next? I feel like that is the theme of my life. Encountering problems, figuring out what is wrong, and trying to move forward. Will my stress eating ever go away? Will I ever be able to find something to combat my stress other than junk and empty calories? The $64 million dollar question. If only I could answer the question and make some money at the same time.

My work out yesterday was lots and lots of running. Various running drills, sprints, jogging, walking, suicides, all that good stuff. Well it brought me back to my days of soccer. I use to play soccer all the time. I played from about age 5-20. I loved it!!! Well, one of my friends told me she was putting together a team for indoor soccer in the fall. To which I really want to join! But I have to get back in shape before I am able to start playing again. Mainly, for me because I don't want to look like an out of shape fool on the field. Yesterday was a harsh reminder how out of shape I am. I hope by the time fall rolls around I will be ready to play. I really want to be a part of something to keep me active. Although I'm in the gym on a regular basis, and trying to run on my off days, theres nothing like being a part of a sport to keep me active. I can focus on the game, drills, whatever and though its a "work out" it goes by faster and I don't dread doing it the next day. So hopefully by the fall I'll be able to run a 5K and be a part of a team.

Oh and thank you to everyone!!! I love all of your comments. They are great tips, advise, encouragement, everything!! Keep them coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.