Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 6 Day 4

Confession: Late night eating got the best of me last night.

You know what the worst part about my late night eating??? I just didn't care. I was so tired and hungry I just didn't care. I wanted food I didn't care what I ate, and needed something. Part of it was emotional cause I was not happy that I didn't make any money serving, part of it was due to poor planning, I didn't pack a lunch for work, and part of it was just pure laziness. I didn't have the thoughts of "don't eat that!" or "you'll regret this later" I just made the food sat down and ate. Didn't even flinch.

So I know next time if I pack food I'll do better, but I'm finding that even if I plan ahead and try to keep things healthy I still need to emotionally eat. How do I break the emotional eating?? What do I do when I'm "stressed," "angry," "hurt," etc and not eat. I can't ignore it, I can't just go to sleep, replacing it with healthy food doesn't help. Do I need counseling? Is this a therapy[y issue? This is more frustrating than eating right and working out. Knowing that I'm stuck in a cycle of emotions and eating and NOT knowing how to break the cycle.

So today I was planning on working out, but my husband is to tired to take me to the gym. Which is fine, but leaves me with figuring out how to work out on my own, with no gym. Problem 1: My husband works graveyard, so he sleeps during the day. We live in an apartment so doing exercise videos and such are hard to do cause more than likely it'll wake him up. Problem 2: The heat is killing me. I don't last long in it, and usually do less of a work cause I get over heated very quickly. Problem 3: I work late at night so getting up early is pretty much out of the question. So do I go running in the park in the evening? That doesn't seem safe? Risk waking up my husband? Or risk heat exhaustion? I'm pretty sure I'm just being a weenie and should probably suck it up and do some actively outside in the heat. Besides it'll make me sweat more and help lose more water weight. I just need to come up with the money and get a gym membership and have no excuse. Anybody in tulsa frequent a gym? Any suggestions and are you looking for a gym buddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.