Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week 7 Day 3

Confession: I bought a pint of Haagen Dazs ice cream.

To which my husband discovered when we were unpacking the groceries. Don't worry he immediately pulled it out opened it up and dumped the contents down the drain. I was not happy. Partly because it was four dollars down the drain, partly because I felt like I deserved it, and partly because he was right. I did feel like I deserved it, cause I have been working so hard and doing so well I want some kind of reward. In all honesty though, I'm still snacking on things I shouldn't be and haven't quite given up all sugary drinks. So in reality I really don't need the ice cream, because my eating is not completely clean. If I had been good "totally" good for a week or two maybe I could have rewarded myself with ice cream. Also I don't think I'm in too good of a place emotionally to be able to reward myself with ice cream. And rewarding myself with ice cream really isn't a reward. So i guess.....Lesson learned.

I did have a victory today, I ran my 5k and shaved 1:20 minutes off. I'm really proud of myself!!! I really would like to get to a 10 minute mile and at the rate I'm going I should get there very quickly!!! I do need to run it more often, but as long as I'm doing some sort of training every week its some sort of step forward.

Progress is being made, how can I tell? People are telling me. I've had two different friends, people who I don't see on a regular basis comment that I look like I've lost weight. I'm not going to lie, its a big confidence boost to have people say something not knowing about my blog or anything.

Onward and Upward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate all forms of encouragement and advise you may have to offer.